What is Rowan Helping Ministries?
- Crisis Assistance Network
- Food Pantry
- Clothing Center
- Financial Assistance for individuals and families in crisis
- Jeannie's Kitchen (Soup Kitchen)
- Programs (Transitional Housing, New Tomorrows, Journey Forward, Life Coaching, Food For Thought)
Where is Rowan Helping Ministries?
226 North Long Street Salisbury - off East Innes Street.
Rowan Helping Ministries-West is located in Mt. Ulla.
What Are the Business Hours?
- Jeannie's (Soup) Kitchen is open every day from 12pm - 1pm for anyone who needs a noon meal.
- Shelter is open 24/7.
- Crisis Assistance Network is open Monday – Friday 8am - 5pm for those needing financial assistance, food, or clothing.
How Have Things Changed in the Last Several Years?
We have seen an increase in services in every area.
How Many People are Helped Each Day?
- 70 - 75 families are seen each day in the Crisis Assistance Network.
- 150 - 180 are served a noon meal.
- 65 - 70 guests stay in the Shelter each night.
Who Gives to Rowan Helping Ministries?
- Civic Groups
How Much of the Money Goes to Program Services?
91% of money donated goes to Program Services. Our current budget is $2,249,490.
Are you a United Way Agency?
How can I help?
- Checks can be made out to Rowan Helping Ministries and sent to: 226 North Long Street, Salisbury, NC 28144.
- Automatic drafts can be set up to contribute on a regular basis.
- Donate here on our website.
Food & Clothing Donations
- Food and Clothing donations are received at Rowan Helping Ministries Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm. For more information, go to our wish list page.
- Due to limited space we can only accept seasonal clothing in good, clean condition.
- Check our volunteer page for more information and get started by signing up to attend one of our volunteer orientations held every Tuesday at 3 pm at 226 N. Long Street.
- For questions regarding serving in the kitchen, contact Cheryl Linder, at (704) 637-6838 ext.108.
- For all other questions, contact our volunteer manager, Lynsey Horn, at (704)637-6838 ext. 112.
What if I Need Help?
Come in for an interview to determine your eligibility Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. You can call ahead for an appointment at 704.637.6838. Dial 2 to connect you with the appointment desk. Dial 1 to reach the shelter.